If you are a homeschooler or classroom teacher, student or independent learner, or anyone else who writes about math, now is the time to send in your favorite blog post for next week’s Math Teachers at Play blog carnival.
The deadline is this Friday night, and the carnival will be posted next week at White Group Mathematics.
If you haven’t written anything about math lately, here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Elementary Concepts: As Liping Ma showed, there is more to understanding and teaching elementary mathematics than we often realize. Do you have a game, activity, or anecdote about teaching math to young students? Please share!
- Arithmetic/Pre-Algebra: This section is for arithmetic lessons and number theory puzzles at the middle-school-and-beyond level. We would love to hear your favorite math club games, numerical investigations, or contest-preparation tips.
- Beginning Algebra and Geometry: Can you explain why we never divide by zero, how to bisect an angle, or what is wrong with distributing the square in the expression ? Struggling students need your help! Share your wisdom about basic algebra and geometry topics here.
- Advanced Math: Like most adults, I have forgotten enough math to fill several textbooks. I’m eager to learn again — but math books can be so-o-o tedious. Can you make upper-level math topics come alive, so they will stick in my (or a student’s) mind?
- Mathematical Recreations: What kind of math do you do, just for the fun of it?
- About Teaching Math: Other teachers’ blogs are an important factor in my continuing education. The more I read about the theory and practice of teaching math, the more I realize how much I have yet to learn. So please, fellow teachers, don’t be shy — share your insights!
Would You Like to Host the Carnival?
Hosting the blog carnival can be a lot of work, but it’s fun to “meet” new bloggers through their submissions. And there’s a side-benefit: The carnival usually brings a nice little spike in traffic to your blog.
Explore the Other Math Carnivals
While you’re waiting for next week’s Math Teachers at Play carnival, you may enjoy:
- Last month’s 59th carnival on Learners in Bloom
- Math Monday Blog Hop (preschool & up)
- Carnival of Mathematics (high school & up)
- Carnevale della Matematica
- Carnaval de Matemáticas