More Beautiful Math: The Dragon Curve
The Dragon Curve Explained
Try It Yourself
Are you bored, or dying to do something tedious? Do you need a geometry project that will keep your students busy all afternoon? Try drawing a giant dragon curve. No computer necessary!
- sharp colored pencils,
- sturdy eraser,
- ruler (optional if you use graph paper),
- several pieces of plain or graph paper,
- clear tape, for sticking pages together to make an even bigger dragon,
- a light table (or tape your paper to the window for tracing),
- and a large dose of OCD-quality patience.