Mathematicians Ask Questions
If we want to teach our children to think mathematically, we need to model and encourage asking questions. For instance:
- What is the difference between the rectangular sounds and the round ones?
- At 5:20, the orange notes (violin) change to a different shape. Why? What change in the sound does this represent?
What questions does the video inspire for you? I’d love to hear your comments!
- Kids and the Music Animation Machine
- A Closer Look at Music Animation Machine Notation
- Music, Mind, and Meaning
- About the Piano Trio No. 2 (Schubert)