[Feature photo above by Nicolo' Canali De Rossi.]
Math holiday alert: March 14th is Pi Day! Here are some ideas to help you celebrate…
Pi Day Posts on Let’s Play Math! Blog
- Happy Pi Day I
- Happy Pi Day II
- Happy Pi Day III: Visualizing Pi
- Poetry for Pi Day
- Do the Digits of Pi Encode Shakespeare’s Plays?
- Egyptian Math: Pi
And Did You Know?
Pi Day is also Albert Einstein’s birthday.
- Happy Birthday, Einstein!
- Happy Birthday, Einstein (Part 2)
- Happy Birthday, Einstein (Part 3)
- Happy Birthday, Einstein (Part 4)
A Pinch of Pi Day Humor
Favorite Pi Day Posts on Other Blogs
- Pi Day in America
- How to celebrate Pi Day: The geekiest time of the year
- Oh Number Pi – Celebrate Pi Day in style!
- Celebrate Pi Day: Seven Classroom Resources for Pi Learning
- π Day Activities (pdf) from Yummy Math
- Pi Day activity worksheets for primary and secondary students from the Australian Mathematics Trust
- Cool Math Games for π (Pi) Day
- 32 Pi Day Recipes/Activities/Games for March 14th
- Discovering Pi – the living maths of circles
- Math Art for Kids: Pi Skyline
- How I Spent Pi Day
- Pi Day Post on Irrational Numbers
- Pi is Beautiful – Numberphile
And if that’s not enough to keep you busy, Education World offers another huge round-up of Pi Day lesson plans and activity ideas.
Do you have any favorite activities or blog posts about Pi Day? Please share in the comments!